Poker is one of the most popular card games on this planet. There have been traces of the game being played across the globe, from Asian countries to the West. Although the game is not the earliest to be introduced in the list of casino games, as soon as the game was introduced, the pre-established popularity of Poker exploded everywhere. Online casinos added more stars to the game by making them available to one and all. Now, Poker can be played anywhere, anytime. However, Poker is a game that requires dealer interaction for supporting smooth game conduct and hence, the demand for Live Poker was felt for the first time. This led to the creation of Live Poker, just like Live Blackjack and other casino games.
Significance of Live Poker
Live Poker games were ground-breakers in the history of Poker. Before the live dealer Poker, the reach of the game was not as global as it is now and along with the likes of the online casino, they became more than just a fun game. Live Poker became a game where people could invest their money and make something out of it anywhere, anytime. Apart from the extreme convenience, the existence of Live Poker also brings other noteworthy features. Let’s look into it in detail.
First, you get to play the game with real players on the table.
Second, the presence of a live dealer makes the game more realistic as it approves the authenticity of the game.
Third, since the gameplay can be seen through a set of cameras and high graphics, it makes the game more immersive. So, if you are now excited to start playing Live Poker, here is how you can do it.
How is the game of Poker played at Winissimo Casino
Live Poker also has the same objective of a real-life Poker game which is to have the highest-ranking cards at the end of the game/round. However, since there are several types of Live Poker games available online, the rules and conditions may differ for various games. Few of the major game types of Live Poker offered by us are:
- Texas Hold’em Bonus Poker
- Casino Hold’em Lobby
- Casino Hold’em
The basic gameplay of Live Poker remains the same for all the different types of Poker games. First, you are asked to place the minimum bet according to the type of game you are playing. Second, the live dealer hands out the cards to all the players on the table, all down faced. Once the cards are dealt with everybody, the game begins and the players get to take some actions one by one. Following are the actions you can take when your turn comes.
You can bet further as much as you want if no other player has placed an online bet.
Folding your card means that your cards are now out of the game and you stand withheld for the rest of the round.
Here you can call if other players have bet during your current round. However, it is mandatory for your call to match the highest bet made on the game.
This action is exactly how it sounds. You can raise the bet of the game after other players have placed their bets.
You can check when there is no bet during the current round, and the act of checking passes the action clockwise to the next person in the hand.
- Live Poker games are slower in comparison to the online Poker. Hence, you can take your time to make a decision in the game.
- Since the game is more about bluffing others at the table, showing aggression in the game is always the better way to hide your true emotions.
- Being aggressive at the outside and being calm inside lets you make the right decision at the right time.
- Live Poker has a live chat feature included with the game. The wise advice here is to contact your live dealer in case of confusion regarding the game. However, maintaining good etiquette in the live chat should always be a priority.
- Learn and brush up about the Live Poker variant you are about to play. You may be an experienced Poker player but the rules and gameplay differ in each variant. Therefore, it is important to know the game beforehand and not feel alien while in the game.
Skills you need to possess in Live Poker
Although the game of Poker is very attractive at first sight, the attraction can be deceptive. It can also be the reason for your loss. Here are the skills that you should have to play Live Poker. And don’t worry, these are not like professional skills that your office would ask for. These are simple life skills that are useful even in real life and fit perfectly with the game.
- A Poker game may give you both the sweet and sour tastes in its course. A player must be emotionally strong to experience and acknowledge both the tastes of the game.
- Being good at maths might seem like a nightmare for many. However, being good in the calculation may let you do wonders in Poker. You can calculate all your expenses, winnings, and loss by maintaining a bankroll and playing within it.
- Even with the best of the cards, you may never make the most of it if you are not a keen observer. Avid players play the game strategically. Unless you are a keen observer, you may miss some major clues left by the players on your table.
- Poker is one of the most aggressive casino games. The atmosphere of a Live Poker game can really get hot at times. If you are someone who loses his cool very easily, this is not the game for you. A cooperative skill is a must for the smooth conduct of this game.
All the above-mentioned details can help you have a great Live Poker gaming experience. The moves that you can make can change the course of the game at large, and that is what makes the game really exciting. One can never guess where the game would go. Also, since it is Live Poker, you can interact with your dealer and other players on the board which is why Live Poker has tasted such exponential success at live casinos.